Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2003 Winnebago journey with Allison trans shifter control

2003 Winnebago journey with Allison trans shifter control will not light up and it will not turn over

Hi my name is Robert....

The engine needs to see neutral to start, so if the transmission pad is not lighting up it will not crank over. SO go to the chassis battery to start and look for a smaller gage wire with an inline fuse, on some older units the trans. power got fed from a direct wire from the battery, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery. IF you do not see one OR the fuse is good need to find the Allison control box. The control box will have two mini fuses inside of it, from my experience if the pad goes dead it could be a blown fuse in that box, the box will say allison on it, some have bolts you have to remove to access the fuses inside, the cover could be silver or black, below is a picture. Location will vary, sometimes it is outside in a storage compartment with other electrical components and other times it can be inside mounted to the floor of the dash under the shift pad. If you are having problems finding it I might get a hold of Winnebago they should be able to tell you exact location. Hope this helps if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert