Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

How many BTUs on a gas heater that does not have to be

Customer Question

How many BTUs on a gas heater that does not have to be vented can a 31' travel travel use safely?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know we can only use 1,500 BTUs for an electric heater, but one of these heaters does not warm the camper trailer. Could we get a much larger heater with more BTUs, run a heavy duty extension cord into the house for the electricity for the heater?
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I think on the heater you mean 1500 watts here...........which is quite a bit different? And when you say "safely" are you meaning due to the amount of power used? I take it you don't want to use the LP fired furnace in the trailer? IF SO, yes, you can use an extension cord of at least a 12 gauge size so long as it isn't too long. How far is this to the nearest 20 amp outlet? Please get back to me with this information and I can make some recommendations here. All follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you found this information helpful and did you get it resolved or do you need more help here?