Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Randall Very frustrated with dometic thermostat switching

Customer Question

Hey Randall Very frustrated with dometic thermostat switching from(###) ###-####065(no longer availiable) to(###) ###-####056 supposed retro fit wires at thermostat different even though there are only three on new . Calls for "comm" wire , ground and hot. Way different than old
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Don't let this outsmart you, John............just pick the three wires you want to use and ignore the rest. Use the existing hot wire to your old control box for the hot lead........both to the new control box AND the positive feed to the thermostat. Use another for the negative feed and one more for the com wire. Put some female spade connectors on the two thermostat leads and hook them into the control as shown. Program the new thermostat and you are ready to go. You do have to plug in the A/C plug and freeze control at the locations shown on the new box. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. I will make a phone chat offer for you in case you feel that form of communication would be easier to follow. All follow ups, regardless of method here are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I would add that you can see the wiring diagram inside the cover to the control box. Get back to me if this isn't clear.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back, John to see how this is going. Did you get it or do you need some more assistance here?