Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I can not move the mirrors in to cover the rev. I have tried

Customer Question

I can not move the mirrors in to cover the rev. I have tried all sorts of spry, no luck. The rev is 14 years old. hELP
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Are you trying to remove the driver's passenger side mirrors with the base still ON? Do you know the manufacturer of the mirrors, was thinking these are Velvac, click HERE and have a look.... Not sure what exactly you are trying to accomplish, please respond if needed and I can look into this, follow ups are included.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

OK

After reading your question I think you are trying to get the mirror to turn in so you can cover the RV? If that is the case then some the arm will move inward and others only the top section will turn, both styles will use allen type set screws are the set screws were what was drilled out. Click HERE and see if this looks like your mirror, I was pretty sure they used Velvac mirrors, but there are a few styles. I have always used PB blaster penetrating oil and it may take some force to move them after the penetrating oil has sat for some time.... IF you want to send me a picture that could help as well.... Robert