peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Onan 7000 marquis 111 in 93 southwind gets fuel, cranks, one

Customer Question

onan 7000 marquis 111 in 93 southwind gets fuel, cranks, one only spark when you stop cranking, any ideas ?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check for any wiring damage leading to the generator or at the generator itself causing this fault here.I have seen issues with broken,corroded or damaged wiring causing this fault here needing replaced or repaired.If a fault is found it will need corrected.If this is found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to remove the generator from the motor home to remove the shrouds to check for corroded wires. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks -- Marv

O.k.,let me know what you come up with here and if you need anything else.Feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete