Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Dometic DM2862 problem 07 model Turned it off about 8 months

Customer Question

Dometic DM2862 problem
07 model
Turned it off about 8 months ago. Doors open, trailer in storage mode, trail kept dehumidified though . Will not turn on. No lights on power panel . No sign of life at all . Receptical has power
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the battery may be dead or perhaps a fuse blew. It might be some other things, but no power seems to be the problem from the 12 VDC side is the problem. I am adding a link to the Dometic Service Manual which covers this model. Print out a copy so you have it. Lots of good information in there and we will use it for trouble shooting if we need to. Look for any evidence of mice. They may have chewed up some of the wiring. Get back to me if you need more help digging deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

A small digital multimeter is very helpful here for diagnosis. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue using the manual link I gave you or do we still need to dig deeper into this? Thanks!