Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Bob Lyman,
, I have an Atwood furnace on a 2013 5th

Customer Question

Customer: Bob Lyman,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an Atwood furnace on a 2013 5th wheel. the model # ***** the furnace says 2334 DCLP. After being in storage for 4 months it will not light. The fan came on when first trying to start, I could hear the burner light and then it just shut down. Since then after retrying it now only the fan comes on then shuts down after a couple of minutes. I have propane and good voltage.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This is usually one of two problems. Either the LP pressure at the tank regulator is too low OR the control board is not sensing the flame and shuts down the gas valve. The pressure can be checked with a manometer by most shops. Ditto with the control board. Low input DC voltage can do this as well. You need at least 11 VDC to the board in order for the furnace to work properly. That can be measured with a small digital multimeter like you can buy at most hardware stores. About $20 ro so and easy to use. I am adding a link to the Atwood Furnace manual for you. Print out a copy so you have it. Lots of good information in there. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, Robert, to see if you were able to get the furnace fired up or do we need to dig deeper into the problem?