Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a2002 sunnybrook travel trailer and when i unplug the

Customer Question

I have a2002 sunnybrook travel trailer and when i unplug the unit everthing in the unit stops working
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

When you are plugged into power the power converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage, when you unplug the converter will switch to battery power. SO to start I would check the voltage at the batteries, make sure it is over or near 12 volts. If the voltage is good follow the cables and look for a tripped breaker, below is a picture, most have a small tab that pops out when they trip. Sometimes they will stick one on the cable from the converter to the battery, if you had one it would be 18" from the battery and could be on the frame. The other issue is the converter, some converters are part of the main fuse/breaker panel and others will stand alone and plug into an outlet. The stand alone style will have two fuses on it so if you have that type you want to make sure the fuses are good. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page... Robert

Breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I do see that you replaced the converter, check for that auto breaker or an in-line fuse near the battery.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert