Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

, My question is: I own a 2006 Keystone Cougar 5th

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****:
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My question is: I own a 2006 Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel Model 276efs. Over the past three years I have been dealing with a power issue when we are boon docking, I can charge the two batteries to 12.3 to 12.5 on both. We can arrive at the site and all is well. If we run the furnase any, by 4am to 5am all is dead. So dead the propane alarm goes off due to not enough power No lights nothing. The issue is I have had the Rv in shops and private repairmen. All say I am running the lights and furnase to much. What do you think
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

Are you using the fridge as well on LP? The only reason I ask is on some there is a high humidity switch and if that switch is ON it will drain the batteries pretty fast if yours has that switch make sure it is off, if you are not sure get me the make and model of the fridge. You are limited when you are dry camping and need to watch how much DC voltage that you use. If the furnace is running all the time then yes it is is possible to drain the battery down quick, most likely the fridge is going and other appliances are drawing DC voltage even though they are off. You said you can charge the batteries to 12.5, that is borderline for a chrage, they should be charging to 13.8 volts. I would have an auto parts store load test the batteries for you, they can tell if they are bad or not. You will need a good deep cycle battery, if you are doing allot of dry camping you can switch to the 6 volt and do two or four batteries, if you did four 6 volt batteries you would have more of a "bank" to pull from two 6 volt batteries would also be better as they can be discharged more times as they have thicker plates. My concern is if the batteries are not getting that full charge to 13.5 + volts then you actually might shorten the life of them... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

IF you would like to do a phone service there is an additional fee.... You can follow up with me as much as needed in this format. I only get credit when you select a rating. IF you would like to do the phone service I can send you the request. Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is really no help heard this from shops and still no WORK.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Refund my account. I am done for now.
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

OK

There is some testing that you can do to see if something else is drawing on the battery, if you like I can explain that. Also as I stated if your fridge has that high humidty switch and it is ON it will drain the batteries very fast.... Why even ask a question if you do not want help. I will request a refund for you, have a nice day.