Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My rv fridge stopped working when we had a 0 deg night.. now

Customer Question

my rv fridge stopped working when we had a 0 deg night.. now it wont run on propane..
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

IF it is not sparking at all it could be the electrode or board, also make sure you have good voltage at the back of the fridge. There is some testing you can do with a voltmeter click HERE and see page 40 to test the electrode, follow the connector to the board and clean the contacts on the board with a pencil eraser, sometimes this connection point can cause problems. Also you can go through the troubleshooting steps with a meter starting on page 1, it will be a process of elimination in figuring out the issue. IF the gas valve is opening up then it should also send a signal to the electrode at the same time to spark.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert