Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a 2007 gulfstream endura conquest 36' coach. Slides

Customer Question

Hi. We have a 2007 gulfstream endura conquest 36' coach. Slides will not come in. Cannot find break for the slides. We have looked for 6 hrs. All other thing working. Started to come in, we stopped bringing abruptly (checking to be sure nothing in the way). Went to continue retracing no power to either slide
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

IF your house batteries are under the step, then look just to the left of them in the "pocket" there and look for a shortstop breaker that may have been tripped out. When you try to move slides without being plugged into shore power or having the genset running this is more apt to happen. If the batteries are over 3 years old, they may be failing and that lowers the amp hours they are capable of delivering. The shortstop breaker is gray and has one copper post and one silver post and should have a very small black button on the end that you push in so it will reset. If you don't fine one there, it may be under the hood or in a storage bay.........wherever the electrical components are here. I don't know if I have actually worked on one of these, so I am going by how most are built on this chassis. See the attached link for a photo of one so you know what to look for. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more input as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We were n shore power. We have no batteries under steps. They are on other side of coach
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Batteries 1 yr and we tested all 3 are good
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Checking under hood
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Did you look around the batteries..........sometimes they put these behind them and you almost have to crawl under the coach to see them.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
6 times. In front of behind. On top. Frustrating its Ben since noon yesterdaybehind. Underneath
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Now that I know what I am looking for I have rechecked every place I have checked at least half dozen times...nothing.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Perhaps, give Gulfstream Customer Service a call and ask for some assistance in finding them. Part of the problem, is that all the manufacturers put these wherever they want. Too hard to recall them all from memory and we have to search for them in the shop as well. Please report back on where they end up being. And keep in mind that even new batteries fail on a regular basis.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We've tried gulf stream. And Gulf Stream dealer. They have no idea. Could be anywhere. We traced the power source from both slides to front of coach. Thx for nothing. I was praying you'd have the answer
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

If you have a Battery Control Center up front they would be in there. They should be right next to the battery disconnect solenoids if you know where those are. Perhaps you can attach a photo of that area to your post so can see what you are looking at and make some other suggestions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thx
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you get pics
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is this something?
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Yes.........not in those. Did you find the disconnect solenoids? Those are the ones that click when you hit the button. No, to that last photo.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is no clicking when trying to put slides out.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

When you hit the battery disconnect solenoid switches......they click. The shortstop breakers are usually near them. Perhaps you can give a local mobile tech a call to come out and assist you. This should only take a few minutes to resolve.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do they look like. And are they near this area
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Really it's been 26 hrs to late this mini breaker
Still ah net located it
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Haven't located