Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2002 Monaco Windsor with the control panel on the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Monaco Windsor with the control panel on the side toward the front. Every afternoon it starts a clicking noise that sounds somewhat an old fashioned typewriter. The instrument panel reads battery equalizing. Is that supposed to happen I don't remember it happening in the past few years. Thanks, Ron
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

What does it say on the control panel? IS it for the inverter? Does it only do this when it says the battery is equalizing?

Thanks, Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

How old are your batteries? The inverter will charge in stages and normally an equalization charge is an overcharge on the batteries to bring them back up, it is normally not used, so my thinking on this is if the inverter is going into equalization mode the batteries might be in poor condition. Low voltage or having it on that charge might be the reason for the clicking. I would start and have the batteries load tested to make sure they are not the problem.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Follow ups are included, so please respond if needed. Robert