gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 2006 Providence diesel motorhome and I recently

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Providence diesel motorhome and I recently lost the ability to turn the house and auxiliary batteries from the front control panel. In addition the lights on the panel due not react to the switches but appear to be operating at least the house batteries. All the batteries were replaced recently and I suspect that a wire is misplaced and not providing the proper voltage to the control panel as the voltage monitoring is not functioning properly as well. Is there a wiring diagram that I can use to check all the cabling is connected correctly?
On another issue, the control panel for the inverter system has completely gone dead also. This occurred awhile back so it is unrelated. Is there a test I can do to confirm that a mouse hasn't eaten through the cable somewhere? I was wondering if could use a statndard phone cable and mount the display right at the inverter but I am not sure if the wires are straight through or are swapped?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Which chassis do you have?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Fleetwood
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Yes, but is it a Ford or GM chassis? And to start with I would call Fleetwood Customer Service and get a complete set of wiring diagrams. You will need the FIN number. They can e-mail them to you. If you can take a photo or two the batteries and area and attach them to your post that would be helpful. I may be able to spot a wiring issue then. Get back to me when you get the diagrams and we can sort this out. I will make a phone chat offer for you as well as some customers prefer this method when it comes to testing. If you need the Fleetwood contact info let me know.