Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My kids are camping on their first camping trip in their new

Customer Question

Hello, my kids are camping on their first camping trip in their new to them 2014 Coaachman Catalina 273TBSt they've just packed up and the slide comes in a few inches and stops, any idea what may be the problem and how they can fix it to get home?
Thanks Jane
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Very important to check the battery voltage, most sliderooms are wired directly to the battery if the voltage was low or the cables were corroded or in poor condition the room may not want to run properly. The voltage should be over 10.5 volts when the room is moving. Make sure there are no obstructions on top of the slideroom or under the slideroom. IF it is a voltage issue what they might be able to so is assist the room by pushing on the outside normally it would take a person on each side to help the motor. Beyond that it could be a number of items, if it is an all electric slide and the room moves a little and stops could be a sheer pin that has failed or an issue with the motor, for that would need to locate the motor and inspect. Some electric motors will have a handle on the end of the motor, you move the lever and it allows you to manual push the room in and out, of something failed then that may not work. I would check the battery voltage, try and assist the room while using the motor, inspect the motor, beyond that might need a mobile service to come have a look... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert