Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Our winnebago 2008 will not start. The ignition key will not

Customer Question

Our winnebago 2008 will not start. The ignition key will not turn either way. We've moved the steering wheel and it is still locked up.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I want to say I dealt with this once before try resetting the parking brake and hold down the foot pedal and see if the key will turn. Also make sure the unit is fully in park, sometimes on the shifter if it is not all the way up in park position the key may not want to turn. Beyond that you might need a mobile service to come have a look.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Also wanted to mention you do want to verify your chassis battery voltage, if the voltage was low then the key also might not want to turn for you. Normally under 10 volts you can have problems.

Robert