Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My name is ***** ***** and we have a couple we bought a 1997

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and we have a couple we bought a 1997 Vision Pace Arrow and they held it for 24 hours to "make sure everything worked properly" when we went to pick it up the alarm was going off on the jacks saying they were down. The mechanic jacked it up and came in side and did something with the brake. Now whenever we put the jacks down that alarms goes off all the time but the jacks are all up. also the drivers seat won't adjust, there is a short in the signal light on the left side and the clearance light. we don't know where the fuse panels are and can't find them. Can you help us?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else would you like to know? I just told you everything.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If you can help us, we are elderly and will do what we can
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Did you buy this from a dealership? I think you need to contact them and have these items fixed as part of the deal. We usually deal with one problem per question and you have a number of issues. If they won't cover this I would call the Better Business Bureau in your area and report them. They will get after them for you. The other alternative would be to give a call into a mobile tech in your area that can come out and assist you and explain how everything works. You need some help in that area as well. Please get back to me if you need more explanation on this. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We bought it for a used dealership in AK we are in WA and your answer didn't help me at all. And we didn't find these things out until we got to WA.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Then I suspect that you will need to either contact a local dealership or mobile tech and have them assist you. I will opt out of this question on the chance that another tech here has another idea. Sorry that they took advantage of you.

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

I have to agree with Randall on holding the selling dealer accountable but maybe I can point you in the right direction on some of these items, first off did you get an owners manual? IF not I can send you one.

1.. Normally on the jacks if the alarm is going off when the jacks are up it can be caused by low hydraulic fluid in the tank, as the jacks retract it pushes the fluid back into the tank, as the fluid goes back to the tank it raises a float switch. I would check the fluid level in the tank, run the jacks and listen for the pump motor, the tank will connected to the pump. It will take Dexron fluid and the level should be near the top right below the fill port.

2....IF you have an electric seat look for some wires under the seat, sometimes you will find an inline fuse, and the wires might have a shield over them. IF not look in the chassis box outside under the engine access for a fuse.

3. The short could be a loose dirty connection. On the pace arrows I have seen there is a fuse box under the outside access for the engine under the drivers side dash, that would be a good point to check all the fuses and breakers inside that box, make sure all the connections are clean and tight. Normally you would have three fuses boxes, one for the interior items and that would be with the breakers, that box could be under the fridge OR on the base of the bed. The RV manufacturer will also have another box outside under the engine access and then you will have another chassis fuse box that the chassis builder put in. IF it is a FORD then the dash pod will swing up or have a few screws you can remove and the fuse block is on the top. IF it is a GM then normally the fuse box is in front of the steering column on the firewall..

I might look at what you can and then have a mobile service or shop take a look. Hope this gives you a little bit of direction.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped at all, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Thanks, Robert