Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I've replaced the ECO/TStat, the thermal cut off, and the

Customer Question

I've replaced the ECO/TStat, the thermal cut off, and the entire mother Board. I still am not getting combustion in the tube. Good strong "clicks" but no combustion. I've cleaned the end of the sparking point and air blown the combustion tube. I have plenty of propane and other propane powered devices are working in the coach.
It's a CG6AA-10E
WHat do I need to do to make this thing work?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Has it been sitting idle for some time? IF SO, the flapper discs on the gas valve may be "stuck" and not allowing the LP to pass. It comes from moisture in the LP, usually from the tank not being purged properly when new. It may be a defective coil on the valve as well. These are what is called "redundant' valves and if one coil is bad they won't work. Those can be checked with an ohm meter to see if that is the case. Be sure you have good LP working pressure at the regulator. That should be adjusted at least once a year. Those would be the most common problems based on what you shared. The top can be removed on the valve to clean the discs if it is narrowed down to that. You may want a mobile tech to come and assist as there are some springs in there. It can be kind of tricky to do, but cheaper by far than a new valve. Once I get to my computer I can give you a manual on this at no extra charge. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks will check the valve. No it hasn't been sitting. It worked and has worked for years including two days ago and now doesn't. This morning after I replaced the board it came on and ran for 30 minutes and then stopped and won't start again. I have spark but no propane flow.Can't really understand why it would work this AM and then stop and not restart?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Check your connections. And if you have a 12 VDC test light you can test this pretty easily. I will be at my computer soon and can send you a manual. A test light is about $5 and easy to use and you can track this down. When it stopped, the water must have been up to temp or not?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Low input DC voltage can do this. And if the LP pressure hasn't been checked in the last year, it should be. Low LP pressure causes the flame to burn lean and flash when it starts up. That can cook the safety fuse and leave the board without power.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am adding a link to the Atwood Service Manual for you. Print out a copy as there is a lot of great information in there. Please get back to me if you need more and I will make a phone chat offer for you in case you feel that would be more productive. Many of our customers prefer this. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if you need more input from me on this issue or were you able to get it resolved with the manual I provided here?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you need more help with sorting this out? Thanks!