Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The inside roof inside of my 2009 Keystone Springdale 26

Customer Question

The inside roof inside of my 2009 Keystone Springdale 26 foot travel trailer is leaking black watery fluid through the seem above my bed! I was wondering why the seem was cracking and leeking?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

It sounds like water is getting in from the roof, I would get up on the roof and check all the sealant, it should look clean and not have any voids in it, if the sealant was cracked or had voids then the water is going to find a way in. It is hard for me to say the exact location as the water can travel far. IF you find any suspect areas you can clean up the old sealant and overlay some new sealant, Dicor works very good and most RV parts stores will carry it.. Also what you can do to help find the leak is get a hose and spray nozzle and spray small areas while someone watches inside, this will help narrow down the area the water is getting in at...... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Follow ups are included.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert