HDGene
HDGene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Technician w/L1 Advanced Drivability certifications
285738

I HAVE A 1995 PACE ARROW MOTOR HOME THAT HAS A DRIVEABLILTY

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1995 PACE ARROW MOTOR HOME THAT HAS A DRIVEABLILTY PROBLEM VEHICLE MOST TIMES WILL START AND DRIVE FINE BUT SOMETIMES WON'T START LIKE ITS OUT OF GAS I TURN KEYS BACK AND FORTH SEVERAL TIME AND SOMETIMES ITS STARTS BUT SOMETIMES I MUST LET IT SET
Category: RV
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what powertrain is in this rv? Ford Or Chevy? Fuel Injected? What engine size? Do you have fuel pressure to the rail when it wont start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V10 ford
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Ok thats what I thought, There will be a fuel pressure port on the fuel rail on the passenger side, when it cranks and wont start need to verify you have 30 psi of fuel pressure at the rail. A diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool will flag any codes for the fuel pump relay circuit. Make sure when it doesnt start the check engine light come on when the key is turned to on and goes out to cranking or it can have an issue with the eec power relay that turns the check engine light on which sends power to the fuel pump relay. If it turns out when cranking that mean the pcm is getting an rpm signal to have spark an injector pulse.If you have fuel pressure and no start and have spark, possibly bad fuel being an rv if it sits a lot

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you lots of help
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, if you need more help let me know.If I was helpful please leave a positive rating so i get credit for assisting you

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?