Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have '10 keystone montana with electric scissor jacks in

Customer Question

Customer: i have '10 keystone montana with electric scissor jacks in rear. when i press the button to lower they sound like there engaging but they slam hard like there locked. they stop and dont lower,help!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what kind
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok ill wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Are these Lippert electric jacks?

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Take a look at this link and tell me if these are your jacks............http://www.primetimerv.com/download/ComponentManuals/ElectricStabilizerJack-Lippert-OwnersManual.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think so
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

They have had a lot of issues with this............they get water inside them and it can jam them up. Bad design! IF this were me, I would consider replacing them with another brand. Perhaps even manual jacks as they have a lot less problem and if you operate them with an electric drill, they are just as fast. The other alternative is to have them rebuilt and see how long they last. Keep in mind that these are for stabilizing and NOT for any actual lifting of the trailer. They won't last at all if you do that. Sorry that wasn't the best news, I know...........just one of a few products that should be redesigned. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee. I am adding a link to the Forest River blog (they use them too) so you can get an idea of what is happening here. http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f29/rear-stabilizer-jacks-stopped-working-21203-4.html