Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My RV has an 8 year old Norcold DE/EV 0041 refrigerator

Customer Question

My RV has an 8 year old Norcold DE/EV 0041 refrigerator which is normally wonderful. But the freezer door suddenly will not stay closed. The spring loaded clips in the side of the frame which holds the door seem to still have spring tension, but will not keep the door closed. What am I doing wrong?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Either the spring or the spring holder is probably damaged. I think you can still get those parts and will check for you.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am adding a link to the parts breakdown for that model. When I get to work tomorrow, I can call them and see what is available and how much. You might want to check for those on E-Bay as that is a good source most of the time. http://www.laurelhurstdistributors.com/parts/refrigerators/norcold_acdc_DE0041-EV0041.html

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if that information was helpful or do you still need some additional input from me on this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took apart everything, but the part that is on the cabinet assembly page seems not to be what is needed. The spring is in the cabinet door frame, and the only part numbers shown are # ***** & 14, mounting clips for the evaporator door. It shows nothing for the spring in the frame.It might be that the spring comes with the mounting clips, but I haven't had a chance to call and find out.Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That is because it isn't serviced as a separate part. The exploded view shows how the parts have to or can be purchased. Sorry if that wasn't clear. And you are welcome!

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that they might be included and I can call my supplier today and find out..........