Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

Onan 5500 has 5 wires coming from the large harness to the

Customer Question

Customer: onan 5500 has 5 wires coming from the large harness to the generator from the fleetwood rv I know where the 2 black wires go but not the 2 white wire and 1 green wire goes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the generator was taken out to be repaired and the guy that took it out skipped out on me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

When removing a genset from the coach, these wires are not supposed to be disconnected from he genset. They are supposed to be removed from the junction box in the coach. This harness is actually part of the genset.

The 2 black wires will go to the circuit breakers.

Both whites and the green will attach to a ground bolt located in the base, underneath the controller. You will need to remove the controller and control box to access this bolt.