gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I need help, I run a nonprofit shelter kids in Los Angeles.

Customer Question

I need help, I run a nonprofit shelter for homeless kids in Los Angeles. I have a 38 foot RV and in desperate need of some answers. I plugged in an extra heater and blew or tripped the breaker box and I can't find the breaker box anywhere. I've looked high and low.the I need help,
Also I cannot figure out how to activate the hot water heater. Also I can't figure out how to turn on the fridge . I did hook up an exhilarate propane tank
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The load center should be along the floor line and dark brown or black. About 18" wide and 15" high. The cover comes down to expose the fuses and breakers. Once you find that, flip the breakers off and then back on again. Does the display come on when you try to turn the fridge on? Please look inside and give me the make and model number and I can direct you further on that. Same on the water heater. Open up the outside inspection cover and that info should be on the bottom sill or right hand side. Atwood or Suburban. Once I have that I can direct you further here. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit. I will make a phone chat option offer for you as well as some customers prefer that method of communication here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have looked and looked and still could not find any 18 inch panel. I will get the make and model of the fridge call that also I cannot find any place to light a pilot on the hot water heater.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The water heater may have electronic ignition.........and that is controlled by a switch. Usually in the kitchen area or the bathroom. See what the make and model number is ***** I an tell you. What model Gulfstream is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model 2000
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is that the model or year? Trailer or motorhome?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Conquest or Sun Voyager or something else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The year is 1992. I think the model is called gulf stream 2000
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

They make more than one unit called a "2000" and Sun Voyager motor home is one. See that attached link and tell me if this is your coach. http://www.rvt.com/Gulf-Stream-Sun-Voyager--1992-Tucson-AZ-ID6595914-UX126509?utm_source=oodle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=oodle&utm_campaign=oodle

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

IF that is your coach, the load center is to the bottom left of the fridge below the wardrobe closet. Black cover. The water heater control is on the end of the kitchen counter. White and has the tank levels on it as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that doesn't look like my model, I will send you a picture if that's possible
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Attach it to your post using the paperclip icon.........

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is it built on a van chassis?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Bed in the front overhead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a picture of my RV but it won't let me paste it here. The cab is slopped the bed is in the back it's a motorhome 38 feet long
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent pictures to your text message number, did they go through
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Help help help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid $38 and still cannot get answers to my questions. Could I please get some help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bed is in the back the front windshield is sloped.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay............I had to go on an emergency service call and just got home. Send me a photo or two to my e-mail addy. ***@******.***

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the breaker box, it was in the back at the side of the bed. I reset the breaker box and the hot water heater turned on. This is great. The only thing I can figure out is how to turn on the fridge and the oven
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is the LP on? You have to turn on the LP detector on so the LP solenoid will allow the gas to flow into the system. That is near the floorline and usually in the kitchen. Turn the switch on and it beeps for 15 seconds or so and then the green light should come on and allow the LP into the lines. Turn on a stovetop burner and light it and allow it to burn for a few minutes. Once the LP stabilizes in the system the fridge should work on LP but, it should work on AC mode now if you choose that. What is the make and model of your fridge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nordel
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Which model Norcold? Look on the inside of the fridge on the wall and there is a data tag. The model number begins with an "N" and some numbers. Get me that and I can give you a manual on the fridge.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I will be gone most of the day, so I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something if they can. I suggest you have a mobile tech come over and assist you with how these systems work. That would be a lot faster here, since you didn't want to have this done over the phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the model number off the fridge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get the model of the fridge when I get home
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Get that for me and I can supply a manual for you that will explain all you need about that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I flip the breaker the hot water heater went on, but now it is gone off again. I checked the breaker and it's OK
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

When the water gets hot it turns off...........until the water needs heating again. Get me a make and model and I can give you a manual.