gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

SOAKED CARPET IN MY REAR BEDROOM AND I CAN'T FIND THE

Customer Question

Customer: i'M GETTING SOAKED CARPET IN MY REAR BEDROOM AND I CAN'T FIND THE SOURCE. ANY IDEAS?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: IT IS ONLY IN THE CARPET NOT UNDER THE BED ITSELF. IT ALSO LEAKS INTO THE BASEMENT.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

What is the make and model of the RV here? Is there a bathroom adjoining the bedroom? Has it been raining hard lately? Please give me some additional information here and I can make some suggestions for you on how to track this down and repair it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2004 Fleetwood Expedition 39R, The bathroom is dry as a bone and does not adjoin to the bedroom where the leak is There has been occasional rain and high humidity and cold 31 F last night but this happened before it got that cold. I wish I could tell you more. It's a pusher and everything is hidden so I can't see the source. There is a 3-way valve next to the bed and it is in the normal position not by-pass. .I'm not sure what this valve does?
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

That is most likely the bypass for the water heater. Is that in the vicinity? If you can get you a copy of the plumbing diagrams and perhaps we can see from those what might be causing it. I would also suspect a leak on the roof area or drain trough or slide out, if one is close. You can get those from Fleetwood if you provide your FIN number. I am attaching a link to that site for you. IF you can, attach a photo or two to your post using the paperclip icon. That way I can see what you see. http://fleetwoodrv.com/contact/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please attach the plumbing diagram.FIN#730Z54489988. I will try and get a picture.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

That needs to go to Fleetwood.........I don't have access to those as I am not a dealer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** go there and get back to you.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

10-4............I am on here every day and will watch for your post. In the meantime, if you can get me a photo or two that would help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will do!
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

This should be able to be resolved once you get those.........and don't forget the photos if you can.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you got the plumbing diagrams and if you still need some assistance in tracking this down?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
CLOSE THE CASE IT'S BEEN RESOLVED!!
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for letting me know............