Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Have a atwood model 8535-1v dclp furnace that wont ignite

Customer Question

have a atwood model 8535-1v dclp furnace that wont ignite circuit board haqs red light flashing 3 times then pause then 3 flashes indicater legend says ignition lockout
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Yes it is a generic code and could be caused by different components. The first item is the LP. GO to the main LP tank and shut the valve, SLOWLY open it back up. Sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure. In the shop I would use a manometer to check the pressure, would be hard for you to do without that tool.

When the flame gets going the electrode will sense the presence of the flame and send a signal to the circuit board, if the board does not sense the flame it will shut down. Most RV shops have a special board tester for these boards and can tell if it is good or not. That might be something you can remove from the back of the furnace if you have an outdoor access panel. If not then the furnace might need to be pulled. The electrode should also be inspecting. To help you out some click HERE for a service manual, they do a pretty good job explaining and troubleshooting... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.. Also if you have not run the furnace for some time then I might blow out the intake and exhaust, air flow is crucial and sometimes wasps or mud daubers can get inside and make nests which creates issues....

Have a safe and Happy New Year!!! Robert