Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Do you know where I could find a wiring diagram 1987 Resort

Customer Question

Do you know where I could find a wiring diagram for a 1987 Terry Resort RV travel trailer? One half of the lights in the trailer stopped working after attempting to change a small lightbulb. We've tried breaker box, replacing fuses, bulbs. . . think we need to check wiring, and the owners manual isn't that detailed.
Many thx for any leads!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

This is a very difficult question, getting any kinds of prints is going to be difficult. One place I know you can try that is a manual exchange, if the info is not available you make a posting to what you are after, it is the best source I know of and worth a try. Click HERE for that.

As far as troubleshooting without a print it can be difficult but not impossible. You would need a volt meter and some very long jumper wires with clips. You can ohm the wire from the fuse panel to the switch to see if it has continuity, from the switch to the first light that is closest to the switch and then from light to light, this might help narrow down the problem area. I would also inspect the connection right in back of the fuse to make sure it did not come loose or melt. I would suspect it would take a RV shop at least 1 hour to diagnose this issue.

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating....

Have a safe and Happy New years!!! Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI.... Happy New Year!! Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert