gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

We have a 31 ft attics spirit with one slide out in living

Customer Question

We have a 31 ft attics spirit with one slide out in living room. We are not able to use the automatic slide. It is not working. Any quick fixes that we could check before hiring a repairman?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question. Due to the many possible problems that can happen here, I would give a mobile tech a call and ask them to come and assist you. Be sure you have followed all the protocols for moving the slide first. Those should be in your manuals. Jacks down and leveled up? Battery disconnect in the correct mode? Plugged in to shore power? Most slideout issues are battery related. If your house batteries are more than 3 years old they probably need replacing. You may have tripped out a shortstop breaker and that is why there is no power to it. Or does it make a noise and just not move? If you get back to me with the model number of your coach, I can grab some wiring diagrams for you. If you are going to trouble shoot this yourself, having a small digital multimeter is almost a must. IF you can give me the make of your slideout hardware I might be able to give you the manual retract information. Most of these are either HWH or Power Gear slide units. Hope that helps some, but give me the model and I can give you more in this area.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

All follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected in diagnostic questions.