Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2005 Winnebago journey 36g And a house battery blew

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Winnebago journey 36g And a house battery blew up. Put new batteries, but now i have no power for the engine side. Does not even display on the panel in the coach. House show 13.6, coach do not Display. Where might I find the battery isolators on my coach? Any thing else I might look for? Fuses are all good
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This is usually one of two things. Either the disconnect solenoid switch is not in the correct position, that is to say it is in the "store" position instead of the "use" position OR the cables on the hookups are wrong or one hasn't been hooked up again and may have dropped down out of sight. Easy to do. You can check the solenoid with a small digital multimeter to see if there is power INTO and OUT OF the solenoid. Taking a photo of the cables BEFORE you take them off the batteries and marking them is a good way to help in getting them back correctly. I will get you some wiring diagrams for this and attach them to my next post for you. That should help. Please get back to me once you check those two items and we can go from there if needed. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not seen a disconnect solenoid switch, will keep looking. Also can't find the battery isolators. Wiring diagrams would be helpful, the ones I find on the Winnebago site do not seem to show them
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Those switches are usually near the entry door or on the overhead or dash. Rocker style and sometimes next to the Auxiliary Start switch. The disconnect solenoid is located in the front Battery Control Center. See the attached diagrams I got for you on this. Get back to me if you don't find them. I believe the manual for the coach shows them as well. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2005/05_p-ser_wire_148575.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This set is more instructive. The disconnects are on the lower left of the dash. This shows the solenoids and fuses in the front as well. When you hit the disconnect switch you should hear a distinctive click AT the solenoid. Those are fused as well, so if you don't..........check the fuses on them. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2005/05_p-ser_wire_148556.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if you need more assistance here or did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finally found the interrupture bad on the real of the coach. Shorting out coach and house batteries, killing batteries. Replaced it, all is working
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Great...........thanks for letting me know. Be safe!