Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I can not get furnace to start on my 2000 damon daybreak.

Customer Question

I can not get furnace to start on my 2000 damon daybreak. Where would the fuse be located?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the fuse under the front of the bed and it is good. The switch on the wall next to fridge that turns on the furnace does not come on with the switch in the on position
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither the heat nor hot water activates the furnance, as if it was turned off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plenty of propane as stove top works fine
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the make and model of your furnace? And the make and style of the thermostat? That would help me be able to direct you further and supply the correct manual for you that we would use here.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

All follow ups are included and expected. I will also make a phone chat option offer for you as many of our customers prefer that as it can save time and some say it is easier to follow along.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** atwood and thermostat is Cole man mach
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thermostat seems to be fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Randall, I'm thinking another fuse but don't know where else to look
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is the thermostat an analog slide control or digital? The furnace has a 15 amp fuse in your load center and it has a 5 amp breaker in the furnace IF you have an outside inspection panel. Do you have a 12 VDC test light as that is very helpful here for tracking this down. And I am attaching a link to the Atwood Furnace Service Manual for you. Print out a copy so you have it. Great stuff in there and it shows you the 5 amp breaker which is in the lower left hand corner when you open up the inspection panel (if you have that option) Let me know. We can go from there............http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The thermostat should have a fuse as well once you remove the cover. A small digital multimeter is best for checking fuses when set on Ohms.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if you need more on this from me or did you get it resolved?