peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

2008 Monaco pusher. Check engine light and derate above

Customer Question

2008 Monaco pusher. Check engine light and derate above idle. Seems to be trying to push a little coolant out of the overflow. Put it in manual regen and get a huge hissing sound under backpressure...EGR cooler?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The hissing noise as well s lack of power and coolant issue may be due to excessive back pressure due to a restricted exhaust component needing replaced or an issue with a cylinder head gasket leaking needing replaced.Both of these need checked with an exhaust back pressure test done as well as a block test done to see if there is a restricted exhaust component needing replaced or a leaking cylinder head gasket issue.If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete