Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an atwood furnace in my fish house and having

Customer Question

I have an atwood furnace in my fish house and having ignition lockout fault problems. What do I have to do ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

This is going to be a process of elimination as many different items can cause this condition, one is the LP pressure, it looks like you replaced the regulator for the main LP, the furnace requires 11" of water column to work properly. Go to the main valve and shut it then slowly open it up to the full position, sometimes if the tank valve is opened to fast then the regulator can lock up. When the furnace starts sparking you should hear a click from the gas valve and should get flame, I would check the gas valve, clean the gas orifice and make sure the electrode is set properly. IF that does not take care of the issue I would have the circuit board tested. Most RV shops have a special board tester and can tell if the board is at fault. I might also blow out the exhaust really good, sometimes wasps can get in the burner chamber and make nests and when that happens the air flow is not correct and can shut the furnace down. The electrode will sense the presence of the flame and send a signal to the board, so the electrode or board could be at fault. To help you out on this click HERE and you can see the items I was referring to, they do a pretty good job on the service manual. It is hard to pinpoint which component is at fault without going through the troubleshooting... Hope this helps some... Robert

Have a safe and Happy New Year!!! Robert