Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have 2014 Keystone Passport 2650 which we had a wax

Customer Question

we have 2014 Keystone Passport 2650 which we had a wax treatment applied. We spent last winter in Casa Grande, where we stored our RV. We are now in Yuma Arizona and while traveling to this location, we discovered a bubble on the from of the trailer. When we settled in at the RV park, upon closer examination, we discovered around one of the reflector lights, the seal was not completely sealed. The air has not dissipated, and there is no sign of the trailer being hit. Is this defect covered by the warranty and is it fixable. We have found a certified service centre in Yuma called County RV Repair at(###) ###-####and our cell number is(###) ###-####
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

When they seal these at the factory they are not really done all that well most of the time, due to the speed in which they move these through. It does sound like it wasn't really sealed well, but it is your responsibility to have the seals checked every year. They won't cover this under warranty. If you can attach a photo or two of the affected area I can comment more and make some repair suggestions. I will also offer the phone chat option for you, which is an extra fee for discussing any of this with me at my shop. No time limit on those. I am not familiar with this shop, but you want to get a written estimate of what this will cost and what exactly they plan on doing and do this FIRST. Get back to me with this and I can make some comments. All follow ups are included in fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Was this information helpful here or did you need me to elaborate more on this issue?