Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I installed a new atwood 8516 16000 btu furnace. I have a

Customer Question

I installed a new atwood 8516 16000 btu furnace. I have a coleman comfort php thermostat. Need a wiring diagram.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

What is the part number off the thermostat? And was there a furnace in there before? IF so, was it different that this or not? Get back to me and I can direct you further here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There was a furnace there. It was an atwood 8935-iv-dclp. I replaced it with an atwood 8525-iv-dcpl. The tech that replaced it just inserted the new plug into the one from the thermostat. .. photos attached
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Was that thermostat the OEM unit or a new one? And just to clarify this........we are working with an 8525 Atwood furnace. The question says 8516 furnace. I am attaching the Atwood Furnace Manual for you. Print out a copy so you have one. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is an 8525. Yes an Oem thermostat. Did you get the photos?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a heat pump system that works in conjuction with the lp furnace through the thermostat . 2005 alfa see ya
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Check the master of/off switch outside on the furnace to be sure it is on. Check the fuse in the main load center and the fuse in the thermostat. Do you have a 12 VDC test light? That would help here for some testing.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

That would allow us to find out where the problem is more rapidly.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have this type of meter
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Switch is on. All fuses are good.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

That will work............check to see if you have over 12 VDC TO the furnace AT the main switch. Does the thermostat read anything on the display?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The switch reads off or reset... at that switch it read 10 volts
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thermostat works for ac and electric heat pump
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

That isn't enough voltage to make the furnace work. It has to be over 11 VDC. Turn the switch back on or push to reset it. Then see what you read OUT of the switch.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I keep pushing the call button for a phone call. Can we talk by phone?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
12 volt at the switch now
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

There is a fee for the phone service.........but, it has no time limit or on the number of calls.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Got it figured out. Thx
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

You are most welcome! Was that manual helpful?

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Just wanted you to know that IF you found this information wasn't helpful here, you can contact Customer Service for a full refund. We want to keep our customers satisfied! And from a personal standpoint, please let me know how I could have made a better or more complete answer on this. I like all my customers here to be satisfied with the responses I provide for them. Thanks!