Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My domestic 8700 macerator toilets worked fine until each

Customer Question

Customer: my domestic 8700 macerator toilets worked fine until each suddenly quit flushing. They pull electricity (as the lights dim a bit), add a bit of water to the bowel but never flush or seem to even attempt to flush.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about it. We bought the Newmar Ventana LE in August and have been living in it full time. We've not done anything different yet both quit within a couple days of each other.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, that is a complex toilet and it can be many things that can go wrong. This format doesn't lend itself well for that kind of diagnosis and I would suggest that you call in a mobile tech that works in your area for some assistance. Be sure they have experience in working with these. I would suggest that if you haven't had the coach batteries serviced and load tested in the recent past that you do that first. This sounds like it might be a low voltage problem and that is usually battery related. Or it might be a charging problem. Those can be ruled out pretty fast. Sorry I can't be of more help here, but I will opt out of this question on the chance another tech might be able to guide you in some testing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I presume then the credit card charge is reversed?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I have to agree with Randall on this, if BOTH toilets are not flushing I would be checking the DC voltage at the back of the toilets, you could have a situation where if the voltage was low you still might have lights inside the RV but since the toilet uses a motor might not be enough voltage to operate them. IT would be very odd for something to fail on each toilet. The one thing they both have in common is the DC voltage so I would be checking.

We try out very best and if you would like a refund I can request one for you, IF you would like to check things out and get back to me that is fine as well. Our goal is for you to be satisfied and want to come back in the future....... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..... Was just checking in to see in my answer helped, if you still have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Have a Safe and Happy New Year!! Robert