Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I had my 2004 winnebago vectra winterized by camping world

Customer Question

I had my 2004 winnebago vectra winterized by camping world and forgot to have the unwinterize it. I am having pressure problems and am not getting any water on hot side. I am hooked up to city water and can hear water going into the hot water tank. Help
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

Go to the back side of the water heater and check the valve positions, many will have a hot, cold and bypass. The hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass should be closed, valve handle going against the pipe. Many times you have to go inside, opposite of the access panel outside and remove a panel or drawer to get at the valves. IF you have an outdoor sprayer make sure the valves are also shut. IF the valves are in the proper position and you still have no hot water it could be a failed check valve on the back of the water heater. The check valve will be plastic or brass and will screw right into the tank, most have tiny arrows on them for direction of flow. When they fail the spring and disc can fall out and block the flow of the hot water. IF you are having trouble finding the valves please get back to me... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi... I was just checking in to see if my answer helped. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Have a Safe and Happy New Year! Robert