Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2008 Winnibago Adventure with an electric couch.

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Winnibago Adventure with an electric couch. When we tried to open it up for a bed, it failed to open evenly and the right side bushing pushed away from the track. Is there a way to get it back in line or disconnect the power to it so we can get it back upright? The motor will not move it down or up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Greg
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

You will need to get the stress off both sides so it can be put back in place. Don't try to force it. Attach a photo to your post so I can see what it looks like and I can offer more here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When you say "take the stress off" are you suggesting I unbolt the couch so I can tip it back to take the stress off?
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

You will probably have to loosen some of the bolts and perhaps the mounting on the other side as you probably have this in a bind now and you have to take what has to be loosened up in order to free it up and then you can replace the bushing. You can't the way it is. A photo of this would be very helpful so I can see what you have there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will go back and take a photo and send it to you. This will take a little while.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Attach it to your post with the paperclip icon............

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I hope you can see the bushing
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Kind of..........but, not clearly. That is the side that came loose? I think it you can take the motor loose, you can work this around to get it back to where it needs to be, but both sides have to be free to move.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Are you in a campground or at home? Any chance there is a mobile tech in that area that can come and give you some assistance? If there are no parts needed, this shouldn't take too long to fix. If something is broken or bent, then that may be a different story.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Do you know whose product this is? That would help me here..........

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We are in an rv park. As for what kind, I don't know. It's whatever Winnibago installed.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for the delay..........I went out for dinner. These are made by several companies..........let me see what I can find.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Check this attached video link and tell me if this is your model...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaOH_AHdrUg

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

I am attaching a link to a blog at IRV2 on these problems..........first one I have heard of, but apparently they are having issues. I don't find any kind of repair manual online. Check with your RV park and see if they have a good mobile tech who can come and assist you that is knowledgeable and reasonable.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Needless to say, this did not help solve my problem except to know that I need to call someone out to solve the issue.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Every now and then we get a new issue here that we just haven't seen yet and without any documention we are not always able to resolve them. I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something if they are able.