Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a Dometic RV Refridgerator that is not working,

Customer Question

We have a Dometic RV Refridgerator that is not working, everything works but its just not getting cold. we watched a video on how to clean the outside area and when tapping on the large round thing this yellowish green residue comes out can you please help us identify what we are looking at?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

That is a sign that the solution has leaked out of the cooling unit, normally you will see a yellowish powder, smell ammonia or hear a gurgle when you turn it on. The fact it is also not cooling on BOTH LP and AC is another sign. The cooling unit can be replaced but they normally will cost about 1/2 of what a new fridge would. In the shop it takes aboyut 4 hours of labor to replace the cooling unit vs 2 hours swapping out with a new one. IF you can get me the model number I should be able to get you a service manual. There are other causes for it not to cool but the yellowish residue is not a good sign..... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.

Have a Safe and Happy Holidays. Robert