Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

How do I safely remove the crown at he center of the slide

Customer Question

How do I safely remove the wood crown at he center of the slide room so I can get to the cable linkage to reinstall the nuts that have come off the cables.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

A few ways that can be secured, I would feel in back of wood crown for some screws, sometimes they will use a L bracket that screws to the crown and then to the slide-room, others will use a latch type style and it would have several latches and you would pull it with the help of a second person, others you might see wood buttons on the face of the crown you have to remove to expose some screws. The bad part is sometimes they will silicone these on and it makes it very difficult for them to come off. IF you can send a picture I might have some more direction on this... Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This trailer has 2 wood buttons on the face of the moulding I kind of suspected there were screws underneath them. Now another question . The room is out about 10 inches before it stalled. How do I get it out further so I can reach the linkages?
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

OK

IS this the cable Bal accu slide system?, click HERE and have a look, it may help out.

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert