Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have A 2000 Itasca 35 it is a F553 I am told by the

Customer Question

I have A 2000 Itasca 35 B it is a F553 I am told by the mechanic who.s working on it
the problem with the RV states the mechanic is that it need a new master cylinder and a hydrolic booster, it sits on a ford chassis . he can't find a hydraulic booster and is rebuilding the old one, they are charging me 1707.00 to have fixed. the parts is 1300.is this a reasonable charge. to me it seems very high am I getting ripped off. They even charged my credit card before the work was started, it won't be done until tomorrow. I am looking for a reputable place to deal with in the future in your opinon would this place be trusted? I purchased during the summer from a private party would they have known about this problem beforehand
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

I have a good parts supplier right next to my shop and can check on both the price and availability for you. That does seem high. What was the original problem? Very clean rig............how many miles? Get back to me with this and I can offer some further advice on this.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

So you can see a more fair price would be around $350 total for these IF you needed them. I can check on the labor for you as well. When this is over, I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and perhaps file a dispute with your credit card company AND avoid ever going back here! There are places out there that will skin you alive and not honest. Thanks for checking with us here at Just Answer and next time, perhaps check here first!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I should have used this site first, I just purchased the RV summer time and used it a couple of times with no issues. It sat for a 2 months I had the jacks ,and when I needed to move it to work on the yard, the brake pedal went what it felt like all the way to the floorboard,but I did have a little braking power to stop. I added brake fluid the night before I brought it to where being fixed which was Sunday and pumped the brake while the engine was running and the pedal felt the same. But on Monday it felt as their were no issue, it braked fine.The mileage is 43000.The place that is working on the RV said that it is a 553 but on the paper work I've scan on the very top it states F550 what is the difference,am I correct that it is a F550 0n a ford chassis? Am I allowed to ask other questions not related to the original question?
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

It is build on an F53 series chassis and there are variations of those. We like to keep each question separate, but what did you want to ask. Something simple?

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Just checking back to see if that information proved helpful and all you needed on this?