Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where is the breaker switch panel in the 1998 38' Travel

Customer Question

Where is the breaker switch panel in the 1998 38' Travel Supreme?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Many times the main breaker panel will be inside the RV and they will make it so you have access to it. The breaker panel might have a decorative panel like the rests of the cabinets, sometimes you will find it below the fridge, in the closet or at the base/under the bed. Very seldom do they put them outside. You should see some breakers and next to the breakers are normally the 12 volt fuses..... If you have to try and follow the shore cord and see where it is going into the RV, it will go to the panel. IF you still can not find it please let me know as other experts might be able to help out.... Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have checked all of the closets and cabinets, under the bed, and all the basements. Still have not found a panel. Isn't there a schematic for this particular model? We were given no paperwork with this rig, which we bought about 2 weeks ago. They said they didn't have any paperwork on it.
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

OK

Getting any kinds of prints is going to be very difficult, if I had one I would give it to you. I might try and follow the shore cord and see where it is going into the RV, the cord should go to the breaker panel, going to be the only way I know to track it down. IF you want to try another expert please let me know.... Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We checked where the outside cord comes into the rig, and there is no panel in that area. I don't know how you follow the wiring from there into the walls of the rig - not sure what you want us to do.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please advise as to what more to do.
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

OK...

Normally they are always inside and I am not sure why it would be hiding. What I might try next if you are plugged in is turn on all your DC lighting and listen for the fan on the converter, sometimes the converter will be in the general area of the breaker panel. Most breaker panels will have the DC fuses with them, see picture below.... Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did what you suggested, but it is very windy outside today, and I was unable to hear any fan. I'll wait till the wind dies down and try it again. Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Yes the fan should kick on for the converter and many times the converter will be near the breaker panel, in fact one cable on the converter will go to the breaker/fuse panel so might be something to look at if you find the converter follow the red cable if possible.... Robert