Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Wiring lite 2003 journey dl

Customer Question

wiring for spot lite 2003 journey dl
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

HI my name is Robert...

IF you are wanting to wire in a spot light it would take some work, you would need to run power and ground to the switch and then from the switch to the spotlight. I would use an empty slot in your fuse box for the chassis, you can have it on ignition power or constant power. Most spotlights will show the wiring with the fuse size requirement.

The hard part is routing the wires, you would need to punch a hole in the front cabinet above the dash, and then run you wires behind any trim molding so they go down behind the dash. Seal the bottom of the light and hole with dicor sealant. IF you have wire on the roof you can loom it and then secure it with 1/4" stainless screws, cover the screw heads with sealant. I do know they make spot lights with a remote so you may not need to install a switch on the dash. I also do not think it is pre-wired but you might want to call Winnebago to be sure. In the shop it would take about 2 to 3 hours to install something like this. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, please let me know if you have more questions or concerns..

Have a Safe and Happy Holidays.... Robert