Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2003 Fleetwood flair. Stopped to fill propane got back in to

Customer Question

2003 Fleetwood flair. Stopped to fill propane got back in to leave Rv would not start. Battery has juice. Key dead.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did someone accidently turn off the battery disconnect solenoid switch? How old is the start battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No on the disconnect, checked. Voltage meter reads battery has charge r
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This might be dirty cable connections or it may be that the key switch is going bad. No clicking at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No clicking. Had new ignition put in for new key last summer.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

How old is the start battery? Sometimes when they start to fail they will just go dead all of a sudden and then sometimes work fine. This usually is when there is an open connection inside. I just had one do that in my car not long ago. Would work fine for weeks and then nothing..........then work again when I jumped it for a week or two, then again. When I replaced it I never had any more problems. Any chance the lead on the switch may have come loose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lead??
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Main battery wire to the key switch..........maybe the connection came loose. IF you have a 12 VDC test light you can check that pretty easily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do u check
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Look for loose connections and power INTO the switch with a 12 VDC test light. IF no power INTO the switch, then you need to look in the Battery Control center for a bad relay or connection or blown fuse. IF this has an RV Custom Products system, it may have burned the board. Happens a lot on these Fleetwood units.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to track this down? Thanks!