Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have my duo therm furnace running.it gets to the set

Customer Question

I have my duo therm furnace running.it gets to the set temperature the burner shuts down like it should..fan runs a little after like it should but when it is time for it to restart the burner will kick in before the fan in return the pilot light goes out and burner does not light have to go through the whole manual startup to get it to work again..will not restart correctly on its own what could it be? Thank you..staying in a cold camper in mn
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

When was the last time you had the LP pressure checked at the tank regulator? The pressure may be too low OR you may need more LP in the tank. When it gets really cold you need at least 1/3 of a tank to get enough vapor for good combustion. Turn on a stove top burner on high and tell me if there is any yellow or orange in the flame tips. That can be a sign of low LP pressure. Get back to me with this info and we can sort this out. All follow ups are included in our fee. Please tell me what this is in as well. Thanks!