Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My fridge quit cooling outside temp is around -15 cel.

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Have seen this question more then a few times, what happens is that the fridge has to transfer the heat from the fridge to the outside air. However, a problem can occur when the outside air is too cold, so the refrigerant in the fridge can't condense properly.

Usually I either put a light bulb behind the outside fridge access panel (being careful not to put it in direct contact with anything or close enough that it will damage anything), or put a portable heater so it is blowing into the cooling unit. This generally causes the fridge to work better; any way you can warm up the coils.

I would NOT block any holes on the fridge or vent covers as the air still needs to circulate.... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert