Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Have an Atwood 8525-if furnace an need to remove the motor

Customer Question

Have an Atwood 8525-if furnace an need to remove the motor but can't figure out how to get it out how to do it. Can you tell me how to remove it?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Does this have an outside inspection panel over the furnace?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am adding a link to the Atwood Service Manual and that will come in handy..........http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If you don't have an outside inspection cover then the whole furnace has to be pulled out from the inside and that involves taking the gas line loose. You would need a 3/8" inverted flare plug to plug off the line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We do have an outside panel. My husband has removed the fan, and can't get to the front exhaust fan to remove the motor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell us how to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for your response
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay........I am out on the road. I will opt out of this so another rtech can offer something for you.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Guess all the other techs were out as well..........sorry I had to be out of town this afternoon. I can assist you in this now if you still need help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we do. How do we remove the fan motor?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

What has he gotten off so far? The gas valve assy has to be removed on the right side. The gas line will need to be disconnected first and you will need a 3/8" inverted flare plug for the gas line. Not a good idea to leave it open. See the explode view in the manual link I gave you. Disconnect the gas valve and gently remove the high tension lead. Then the induction fan can be loosened and removed. It has an allen screw that holds it tight. Some have a spring clip. Did he get the squirrel cage off on the other side? If not, that has to be removed and it has an allen screw as well. Just loosen them, they don't have to come all the way out. The control board assy has to come out in order to get the fan cage out. Disconnect the wiring on the motor. Then the 3 screws that hold the motor in on the right side can be removed using a 1/4" socket and driver or ratchet. That allows the motor to come out. It goes back the same way. Get back to me if this isn't clear. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K we will try it tomorrow and let you know. Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I will be around all day tomorrow if you need more on this.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if that information I provided proved helpful here or if you need more input from me on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We didn't have a chance yesterday to work on it and may not today because of other obligations. Can we contact you later?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Sure.............just Bookmark this and you can come back to it again later. I check in every day here.........

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome!