Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2015 Fleetwood expedition 38s heater will work in zone 2 but

Customer Question

2015 Fleetwood expedition 38s heater will work in zone 2 but will not work in zone 1. is there anything I can check myself before taking it back to a service center? My experience at my local service center is dismal to say the least.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

So is zone one coming up at all on the thermostat? AND is it just the furnace that is not working the only thing? Can you send me a picture of your thermostat? There might be a reset that you can try but there are many different styles of thermostats. IF the reset does not help then it could be an issue with the circuit board on the furnace IF nothing at all happens and it is showing the zone and furnace. As soon as you select that zone the blower motor for the furnace should come on, it sends a signal to the circuit board. I might try and access the board on the furnace which is normally located under the outside access panel and have it tested, most RV shops have a special board tested and can tell if the board is the problem. IF the board checks out good then it is a problem most likely with the thermostat or circuit board inside the AC unit but normally if that is the case you would not see the zone or furnace selection on the thermostat. ALSO some furnaces will have a circuit breaker on the side of the motor housing, want to make sure that is not tripped. You really need to be careful on what you do, if you take to many items apart and they catch on they can turn around and put the blame on you, have seen that before, it looks like your unit is a 2015 so I would think it is still under warranty... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Just so you know follow ups are included, I have to run out on a service call, but should not be to long, I will respond back if needed.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? OR if you have more questions or concerns... Robert