Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I had an AC installed in my 1967 Overlander. It is a Dometic

Customer Question

I had an AC installed in my 1967 Overlander. It is a Dometic 13.5k model #B57915. Approximately how long would it take to install that? I know there is not an exact time--I'm just looking for a ballpark (what is reasonable).
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

It would take about 4 to 6 hours of labor, if you already had an AC unit in place then it would only take about 2 hours but most shops will charge 1/2 hour to remove the old unit. SO close to 3 hours.

So if the wiring had to be done on a new unit I would say a good shop can do this in 4-6 hours, there are guidelines the shops should follow as well for repairs and installs... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

If you have more questions on this please let me know.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Have a safe and Happy Holidays.... Robert