Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I'm looking to convert my atwood model #8535 furnace from

Customer Question

hi I'm looking to convert my atwood model #8535 furnace from propane to natural gas is this possible?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

No the only model I am showing that it would be possible for is the 8900 series (AC model). Click HERE and see page 2 on the top right to confirm. Sorry if this was not the news that you wanted to hear. Hope this helps some... Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did some research already and found out the 8900 series (AC model) could run on either LP or NAT problem is it won't fit in my RV the dimensions are bigger. Are there any other manufactures out there that would have the same dimensions as my furnace that run on natural gas?
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

No I am not seeing any I just checked the suburbans that are similar to this and they all run on LP. I am not sure if there are any kits that you can pick up I can not recommend them as I am a RV tech and if something happened it could be a major problem not what I would want to happen. Might want to call a good RV parts store such as Laurelhurst and see if they know of any that might work for you, they have great customer support. Click HERE for them.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi... Was just following up to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert