Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1994 fleetwood flair, no power to generator, *****

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 1994 fleetwood flair, no power to generator, ***** ***** wiring from batteries to generator
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have new batteries but still no power to generator or switch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Two things........double check the cables to be sure you got them hooked up correctly AND be sure you didn't drop a cable down out of sight that didn't get hooked up. Then be sure that you engaged the battery disconnect solenoid switch again as that will go to the "store" position when power is removed after you take out the batteries. Those are the two most common reasons for this. Attach a photo of the batteries and cables to your post so I can see it, if you still have nothing once you do this. I may be able to pick out the problem. Red cables should be positive and black cables should be negatives. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee and expected. I will make a phone chat option available for you as well in case you feel that would be more helpful.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have already done what was in the response lam getting power to cilanoids but not to the generator
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Then the generator lead is either dropped down and not hooked up OR on a negative terminal instead of the positive terminal. Or there could be another issue with the generator that has nothing to do with the batteries. Did it work before you changed them out? IF so, then it has to be a cable issue. Attach a photo of them to your post using the paperclip icon.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cable batteries r in correct place anything between cilanoids and generator
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

The generator cable usually doesn't go through a solenoid, but directly to the generator. Large red cable. Perhaps you can trace it back to see which one is for the genset.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Does everything else work and just the genset isn't powered up? IF so, then you must have that cable either disconnected or on the wrong terminal. So easy to drop a cable down out of sight when you change these out. I have done it myself.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved o.k. or if you needed more input from me?