Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop...25yrs
14541291

4l80e 7.4 motor drive down the road drops 4th pull over shut

Customer Question

4l80e 7.4 motor drive down the road drops 4th pull over shut motor off start have 4 gear again for 5or6 mi.put in shift solenoids. temp sen.new computer 60000 mi
Category: RV
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the omputer codes?

tell me,what do you mean when you say it drops 4th?does it go like into neutral?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no code no engine light .driving down the street shifts 1-2-3-to od with no notice goes back to 3rd wont go back to od unless i shut motor off re start then i have 1-2-3-4 for 3or4 miles then no od again. drove back from florida in third gear

ok,,what solenoids did you replace?

when it is doing this,,does it also start out in second gear and not 1st?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
solenoids inside pan.always starts off in 1st gear shifts a little hard in 1and 2 when there is no od had this problem for almost a year had it to many shops with us no results.

did you only replace the two shift solenoids?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2

sorry i keep missing you,,from the way you explain the problem..it sounds as if your problem is the .

the fluid pressure switch,,this is the flat switch on the bottom of the valve body..

#40 in the picture

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.